The aim of TestFreaks.com is to collect product reviews from everywhere, eventually all product reviews will be aggregated by us and incorporated into our main site. The premise or idea behind this is to collect these reviews and average them out to provide a score that a user can understand when trying to find more information about a product. We also collect user reviews as well, so the average consumer can see and learn what people just like him or her have to say about a product.
It’s December, the end of the year basically, and we’ve collected the top products from our categories on the main site to show you the best of the best this year according to how you and the professionals rated them. The first up is the best cell phones, we’ve reviewed a few cell phones here at TestFreaks, but we all know there are plenty more out there, here’s the top five phones for 2008 as rated by users and professionals.
5) Coming in at number five we’ve got the Nokia N85, it’s rather small slider with a touch sensitive navigation wheel and an accelerometer as well, along with a 2.6 inch OLED screen to round things out. Expert Score 8,4 (10 experts), User Score 9,1 (51 users)
4) at the number foour spot we’ve got the Nokia E66, a slider phone that’s packed with features like GPS and FM radio.
Expert Score 8,6 (25 experts), User Score 8,3 (66 users)
3) for the number three spot we’ve got the Sony Ericsson W760i, a slick slider phone with excellent sound quality and an attractive price. Expert Score 9,3 (25 experts), User Score 8,4 (330 users)
2) At the number two spot we’ve got the BlackBerry Bold, it’s a phone that was just recently introduced but very quickly won the hearts of consumers and professionals alike. Expert Score 8,5 (37 experts), User Score 8,3 (119 users)
1) and at the number one spot we’ve got another Nokia, the Nokia E71 which resembles a BlackBerry actually, at least to me it does anyway. The E71 has been called the best phone for the prosumer, it’s been said that it takes the best of the BlackBerry and iPhone and combines these things into a well designed package that most anyone will appreciate. Expert Score 8,9 (33 experts), User Score 8,9 (557 users)
As you can see if was a good year for Nokia, despite the popularity of the iPhone, and the introduction of the new BlackBerry, Nokia succeeded in coming out on top, taking three out of the top five slots of 2008 for popularity among both professionals and regular users alike. All these amazing phones deserve the TestFreaks Award "The very best of 2008" since they have truly excelled and received praise from both hardcore experts and fellow consumers.
TestFreaks does collect reviews from users and professionals, but along with the reviews you’ll find much more information as well such as:
Forum Threads from around the world talking about the product in question
Store Locators, so you can find the best price in your neighborhood
and we even have question and answers as well where we and our users and visitors can answer questions about products and help each other out.