This looks rather interesting…
With two prestigious innovation awards at the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show and two years of product testing and development, IDC Design Corporation (www.idcpgs.com) today announced that its Patented ECCO™ Personal Pocket GPS Locator is now available for purchase on Amazon.com (www.amazon.com). “We are pleased that Amazon.com and IDC Design Corporation have begun this relationship in offering ECCO,” said Albert Rodriguez, CEO of IDC Design Corporation. “And because of ECCO’s ease of use and affordability (under $100), it is ideal for everyone ― kids, adults, seniors ― in nearly any activity. Getting lost will be a thing of the past.”
ECCO™ is an affordable personal navigation system using advanced GPS technology and a simple user interface, packaged in a key-fob. Users will avoid getting lost in situations, like a crowded parking lot, outdoors while hiking, boating, or jet skiing, or traveling in any unfamiliar location. Users simply lock in their starting location with the press of a button. ECCO™ acts like a compass ― when users are ready to return, ECCO™’s simple user interface will guide them to their original saved location with a directional arrow and a distance meter.
Customers can now login to Amazon.com from anywhere in the United States and easily purchase ECCO™. ECCO™ provides a solution for anyone who has ever lost their car in a crowded parking lot or been lost while hiking, or in a foreign country, in a simple to use key-fob convenient to carry.
Additional features include:
- Compact size enables the ECCO™ to slide easily onto a key chain or into a pocket.
- Simple user interface points users in the direction of the saved location with a directional arrow.
- Convenient status display shows the distance to the saved location and counts down the distance as the user approaches that location.
- Easy Visual Cues of red and green light(s) to indicate GPS signal or off-path.
- Backlit LCD interface makes the device easy to see in dark settings.
- Multi-user capacity allows the device to save up to three locations.
- Long-distance range allows the device to be used from 10 feet to 9,999 miles worldwide.
- Advanced GPS technology enables the ECCO™ to locate up to 32 satellites in 60 seconds or less. Capable of SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS).
- Rechargeable battery power provides long life.
- Stand-alone device means no service fees, no software to upgrade and no additional equipment necessary.
About IDC Design Corporation
Founded in 2004, Intelligent Digital Compass Design Corporation (IDC) specializes in the development and design of personal location systems that meet customer needs and improve quality of life. The privately held company is based in Tustin, Calif. Visit the IDC web site at www.idcgps.com.