We’ve taken a look at a few Epson printers here on TestFreaks and they’ve all been fairly decent performers. The newest in the Epson line is the WorkForce 520 with a price of $130, it appears to be very similar to the other WorkForce printers with a few tweaks here and there..
The WorkForce 520 delivers fast ISO PPM print speeds of 15 ISO PPM black and 5.4 ISO PPM color2. ISO PPM speeds are based on a new international standard for measuring print speed, which is designed to give consumers an “apples-to-apples” speed comparison across all printer manufacturers as well as true performance.
With Epson’s exclusive fade, smudge- and water-resistant DURABrite® Ultra inks, the WorkForce 520 produces professional output at incredible speeds to increase efficiency in the workplace. It provides small business owners and professionals who work from home with superior performance while quickly producing high-quality text, graphics and marketing materials.
The WorkForce 520 delivers high-performance 2400 dpi scanning, including direct scan-to-PDF for archiving important documents and scan-to-e-mail to easily send invoices or proposals. It also offers standalone color and black and white copying, and the capability to fax documents directly from a computer.
Additional Epson WorkForce 520 Features:
- Five individual ink cartridges for replacing only the color that is needed
- Produces approximately twice as many prints with two black cartridges
- Saves up to 50 percent of paper supply with manual, two-sided printing
- Uses up to 70 percent less energy than a laser printer when printing daily jobs
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Epson MicroPiezo® print head technology with smart nozzles delivers ink droplets in as many as three sizes, some as small as three picoliters, delivering sharp, laser-like quality text while optimizing print speeds
Pricing and Availability
The Epson WorkForce 520 ($129.99*) is currently available through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson’s own retail site, www.epsonstore.com. For more information, please see the Epson WorkForce 520 fact sheet.