Here’s a free game to start your day off with, it’s the sequel to an old favorite. The game is called Asteroids Gunner and it’s free and the graphics just look amazing. I already grabbed it earlier and played for a little bit and it’s certianly different from the original but it’s still a decent game nonetheless.
Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, announced the launch of Asteroids®: Gunnertoday on the App Store. Asteroids: Gunner is a free-to-play, dual-stick action shooter for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, developed by Fluik Entertainment, the minds behind Office Jerk. In the first original sequel to the genre-defining arcade game Asteroids, released in 1979, players will journey across multiple galaxies in search of valuable cosmic crystals and exciting asteroid-blasting action. A turn-based multiplayer Challenge Mode is due for release in the game’s first update, expected to hit later this year.
Take on the role of the Gunner on a journey across the galaxies, blasting his way through deadly asteroid fields and alien fleets as he works his way to the top of the gritty crystal mining industry. With three different ships under his command and three dangerous galaxies with 150 total enemy waves to crush, players will have a literal and metaphorical blast as they gain rank promotions and collect cosmic crystals in order to buy upgrades that will transform their space crafts into undeniable asteroid-destroying machines.
• Three all-new galaxies to explore and conquer, with 150 waves of asteroids and alien warships to obliterate
• Dual-stick controls for firing and movement, perfect for non-stop blasting action
• Access to three unique space crafts to pilot: the Miner, the Bomber and the Dart
• Legions of power-ups and upgrades to customize your ship and turn it into an unstoppable force
• Earn Crystals and purchase Space Bucks to unlock new galaxies and powerful upgrades
• An extensive achievement system that lets you earn ranks… and bragging rights
• OpenFeint and Game Center integration
“The successful launch of Atari’s Greatest Hits this summer exceeded our expectations for the iOS platform, garnering over 3 million downloads to date,” said Jim Wilson, CEO of Atari. “Asteroids: Gunner capitalizes on the innovation and potential of the app store and sets the path for more great games based on our legendary franchises while launching new original titles that meet the expectations of our dedicated fans and broader consumer base.”
To download Asteroids: Gunner from the App Store, please use the following link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id474572720