Yep, HP just expanded their product lineup quite a bit with the introduction of Intl and AMD based PCs and Notebooks for both business use and consumer use. I thought about posting these press releases separately but decided against it, so this is two press releases combines telling you all about the new product lineup..
HP ENVY 14 and 17
The new HP ENVY 14 and 17 deliver premium experiences to satisfy the most demanding customers. The notebooks offer the ideal balance of design and technology by combining the latest in manufacturing with artistic expression and world-class performance.
Both ENVY notebooks feature powerful Intel® processors and ATI™ Mobility Radeon high-definition (HD) 5830 discrete graphics for gaming, videos and 3-D images. They come with a backlit keyboard, slot-loading optical drive, HP TrueVision HD webcam, a mini DisplayPort Connector and the latest in wireless and connectivity options.
The notebooks also include Beats™ Audio, a unique, high-performance technology developed by HP and Beats by Dr. Dre™ to provide the optimal sound experience – the way the artist intended it – when playing music or audio through headphones or external speakers.
The slim and light ENVY 14 features a precision-crafted design with a 14.5-inch diagonal HD Radiance display that offers picture quality up to 59 percent brighter than any notebook with a standard display. With up to six hours of battery life, the ENVY 14 is one of the thinnest and lightest quad-core notebooks available in the world. The ENVY 14 also offers optional WWAN/3G.
With up to 2 terabytes (TB) of storage capacity, the ENVY 17 has the horsepower and flexibility for the most demanding tasks. The ENVY 17 offers enhanced performance with ATI Eyefinity Technology for multiple external display support and an HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer for outstanding sound.
HP Pavilion PCs
At just 1 inch thin and weighing only 4.4 pounds, the dm4 features a stunning full-metal chassis with an elegant etched pattern on its brushed aluminum finish. Powered by an Intel CoreTM processor, it includes a 14-inch diagonal BrightView HD LED display, internal optical drive, fingerprint reader and up to 6.5 hours of battery life.(4)
- With exterior bold finishes and touchable textures, the HP Pavilion dv5 and dv6 are designed to suit every consumer’s personal style. The dv5, available in black cherry, champagne and Sonoma red Imprint finishes, features a unique 14.5-inch diagonal HD(2) display, ideal for work and play.
- Available in the same Imprint finishes, plus a brushed-aluminum finish etched with a stream design, the dv6 is the first HP Pavilion notebook PC available with an optional touch screen in the United States. Dolby Advanced Audio and Altec Lansing speakers are available on the dv5, dv6 and dv7 Imprint finishes.
- The HP Pavilion dv7 is the ultimate balance of power and performance for entertainment. With an HD display, Altec Lansing speakers, an HP Triple Bass Subwoofer and the option of Beats Audio, the dv7 provides a superb audio and virtual surround sound experience, bringing out the best of every song, TV show or movie. The notebook also comes with Corel® PaintShop Photo Pro X3 and Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 for creating photo and video content.
The HP Pavilion dm4, dv6 and the dv7 with metal finish also come with HP SimplePass, providing consumers enhanced security access to all their passwords with a simple swipe of a finger.
All of these new HP Pavilion notebook PCs include exclusive technology such as HP TrueVision WebCam, which optimizes video for any light setting, and HP QuickWeb, which gives users access to the web(3) without booting up the notebook by simply pushing a button.
HP Mini netbooks
HP also has expanded the HP Mini 210 line with two new designs, preppy pink and white crystal. The pink, plaid-like design on the preppy pink HP Mini 210 features HP Imprint 3-D, the industry’s first 3-D PC surface technology, which debuted on the HP Mini 110 by Studio Tord Boontje. Multiple layers on the top and bottom covers make the design appear to float on the surface while casting shadows onto lower layers. The HP ClickPad also features the preppy pink finish and tiny cupcake Imprint at the bottom of the unit.
The updated HP Mini 110, HP’s entry-level Mini, now offers an integrated six-cell battery that provides up to eight hours of battery life.
Pricing and availability
- The HP ENVY 14 is expected to be available in the United States on June 27 with a starting price of $999.99. The HP ENVY 17 is expected to be available in the United States on May 19 with a starting price of $1,399.99.
- The HP Pavilion dm4, dv5, dv6 and the dv7 Select Edition are expected to be available in the United States on May 19 with starting prices of $729.99, $649.99, $699.99 and $849.99, respectively.
- The HP Mini 210 in preppy pink and white crystal and the Mini 110 are expected to be available in the United States on June 15 with starting prices of $354.99 and $279.99, respectively.
Additions to the HP notebook portfolio include:
- The HP ProBook 6455b/6555b series offers the latest VISION Pro technology from AMD to deliver cost-effective performance, while the notebook’s security features maintain a more secure, mobile environment.
- The HP ProBook 6450b/6550b series features Intel® vPro technology to help businesses cut costs and increase efficiency, as well as flexible docking and battery options and a range of wireless connectivity choices.(2,3)
- The HP ProBook 4325s/4425s/4525s series sports brushed-aluminum metal cases in caviar or bordeaux. The notebooks offer a range of configurable options, including new AMD Phenom™ II, AMD Turion™ II, AMD Athlon™ II or AMD V-series processors that deliver different levels of performance at varying prices.
- The HP 425 and HP 625 are the company’s most affordable notebook offerings. Features such as optional wireless technologies, a 2-megapixel webcam, an integrated microphone and a spill-resistant keyboard keep users connected and protected while on the go.
HP customers get improved performance on popular applications with the updated AMD multicore processors. For example, an HP notebook that employs a new AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N620 processor offers up to 69 percent faster performance than previous generation HP AMD-powered notebooks and gets up to 24 percent longer battery life. This performance, coupled with flexible battery options, provides hours of battery use. Exceptional visual performance via UMA graphics gives users hassle-free, efficient computing.
The new HP ProBook 6450b and HP ProBook 6550b notebooks offer the latest Intel Core™ i7, i5 and i3 processors. The Core i7 and Core i5 include optional Intel vPro technology to deliver intelligent performance, flexible graphics options, and unique hardware-assisted security and manageability features.
A choice of Intel HD Graphics or ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 540v graphics processor delivers amazing visual performance.
Users can choose a 14-inch (6450b/6455b) or 15.6-inch (6550b/6555b) diagonal high-definition (HD) LED-backlit display and extensive wireless connectivity options, including HP Mobile Broadband and optional dual-pointing devices that offer greater ease of use.
Other features include multiple battery options, including the HP Long Life Battery, compatibility with the HP 12-cell ultra-capacity battery, an eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port and optional dual hard drive support.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.