I love USB drives, I just think they’re so useful. USB 3.0 drives are even better, but they’re few and far between it seems. Kingston has just announced the DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 USB 3.0 flash drive that comes in 65gb, 128gb and 256gb sizes. It has transfer rates of up to 225MB/s read and 135MB/s write, which is pretty good I think.
The DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 is available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities. The 256GB capacity can store approximately 10 Blu-ray Discs™ (25GB each), 54 DVDs (4.7GB each), 48,640 MP3s (4MB each) or 13,473,684 Microsoft® Word files pages with various formatting and basic graphics.
With a durable and sleek design, the Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 is a terrific portable storage solution for gamers, enthusiasts, early adopters and high-end consumers who require the best performance and highest capacities to carry their digital library. Faster speeds and higher capacities enable users to quickly store their digital files and keep it with them at all times, in HyperX style.
DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 features a metal and rubberized casing with a reinforced key ring hole for daily use. It allows users to keep it with them at all times, as it can be easily attached to a key ring or lanyard.
A video of the device can be found here.
DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 Features and Specifications:
- Capacities*: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- USB 3.0: up to 225MB/s read and 135MB/s write
- USB 2.0: up to 30 MB/s read/write
- 8-Channel Architecture
- Backwards Compatible: with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports
- Solid/rugged design: durable metal and rubberized casing provides increased protection
- ReadyBoost™ Support
- Dimensions: 2.952" x 0.916" x 0.626" (74.99mm x 23.29mm x 15.9mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Simple: just plug into any USB port
- Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
- Warranty: 5 Years