These aren’t exactly consumer products, but a rugged tablet is something that’s certainly interesting. These new tablets feature the Intel Core vPro processors or the Core i7/i5 along with 160gb HDD and up to 4gigs of ram. What makes them rugged though is the fact that they are designed to withstand bumps, drops and even rain. They meet meet military and IP standards and are fully sealed against dust and moisture.
The rugged F5v Tablet PC and C5v MCA now feature the Intel® Core™ i7 or Core™ i5 vPro™ technology, enabling a significant improvement in performance and battery life over previous solutions. Additionally, incorporating Intel Core vPro technology will enable Motion customers to experience:
- Enhanced remote management capabilities enabling IT technicians to repair and secure the PC from any location, even while powered-down or in sleep mode, enabling greater levels of energy efficiency and streamlined maintenance processes
- Increased security with fully manageable hard drive encryption, and Intel® Anti-Theft technology used with Computrace®, protecting valuable data in case of loss or theft
- Improved multitasking with smart technology that adjusts processor speed to support workload changes, providing power when needed and working more efficiently when possible
Built on Proven Technology
Motion’s next-generation C5v and F5v Tablet PCs are based on the company’s proven line of rugged tablets that are in use by mobile professionals worldwide. New features to further increase productivity, connectivity and durability for enhanced mobile experiences include:
- Hot-swap battery feature for easy replacement of charged batteries without interruption
- System storage enhancements, featuring a powerful 160GB HDD and up to 4GB of RAM
- Extra-durable Corning Gorilla™ glass, now standard, offering up to a 4 times improvement in breakage resistance1, with new anti-smear coating for improved visibility
- Enhanced optional, integrated 3.0 megapixel documentation camera and new web camera for improved communication and collaboration capabilities
- Integrated Gobi2000™ mobile broadband supporting multi-mode 3G mobile Internet access on either HSPA or CDMA2000® EV-DO networks in markets around the world
Enterprise-Ready, Highly Powerful, Durable and Mobile Tablet PCs
Tested to withstand even the harshest working environments, the C5v and F5v Tablet PCs meet MIL-STD-810G and IP-54 standards. Drop tested on 26 sides and fully sealed against dust and moisture, the tablet PCs are designed to withstand bumps, drops, rain or other conditions that can damage commercial-grade computing solutions. Additionally, the tablet PCs are enterprise-ready. Utilizing either the Windows® 7 or Windows XP operating system, the C5v and F5v fit seamlessly into enterprise-environments, reducing the burden on IT and enabling mobile workers to manage the same applications available to office-based employees.